Unless you've been living under a rock for the last few years, you've probably listened to, or at least heard of Serial - three seasons worth of investigative journalism podcasts that narrate non-fiction stories over multiple episodes. If this is news to you, download it! You won't regret it.

Since finishing Serial, I've had a real taste for true crime podcasts. Just like the days of rushing home to watch Making A Murderer, I now spend my commute to and from work enthralled in a podcast that discusses the specifics of different crime cases. I know there are many other crime podcasts fans out there, so I wanted to share my favourites.

Dirty John
I recently tweeted about how good this podcast was, and now I've finished it I can 100% say it's worth a listen. It tells the true story of Debra Newell, a single mother from Southern California who meets the perfect man online. Whilst to her he seems like the perfect catch, her grown up children aren't so sure. Unfortunately the relationship moves fast and they marry, and only then does she start to discover John's darker side with her own eyes.

Phoebe's Fall
This is an Australian podcast that investigates the death of Phoebe Handsjuk, a 24 year old woman who was found dead on the floor of the refuse compactor room in her apartment building in Melbourne. It was discovered that she had fallen feet first from the 12th floor down the waste disposal shaft to the compactor below. Whilst this was ruled to be an accident, this podcast seeks to examine the evidence and determine whether any foul play was involved.

Someone Knows Something
Whilst I'm yet to start the new seasons of this podcast, I did smash through the first and would highly recommend it. It focuses on the 1972 disappearance of Adrien McNaughton, a five year old boy who vanished during a family fishing trip in Eastern Ontario, Canada

Up and Vanished
I'm actually still listening to this, but as it's so addictive I wanted to include it anyway. The podcast investigates the disappearance of Tara Grinstead, a high school teacher and former beauty queen who disappeared  from her home back in 2005. What I have learnt however, is that this podcast helps to solve the case that has been cold for over 10 years - so by the time I finish, I should know what happened to Tara.

If you'd like me to share more of my podcast recommendations let me know. If you have any that you can recommend, please leave them below!