Despite the title of this post, I’d like to start with a caveat that I’m not under any illusions that I’ll be receiving any of these items on Christmas day. I’m very aware of my expensive taste and as such this wish list serves, if anything, as an aspirational list for myself. Things I want, and probably will buy (over time!) but certainly don’t need or expect to receive from anyone else on Christmas day.

With that little disclaimer now dealt with, let’s talk about the good stuff. As you can probably see – my wish list is generally a mixture of handbags, homeware and a smattering of beauty this year. I won’t go through every single item as I think it’s fairly self explanatory but the common theme is hand bags, and anyone who knows me well will know I’ve always had a penchant for bags, they’re just my thing. Having purchased my first Gucci bag a few months ago I’m keen to extend my bag collection further. I know to some it seems an extraordinary amount to spend on one item, but for me these are investment pieces – the quality and durability is second to none, and if you consider the cost per wear over a lifetime – really it’s good value.

From a homeware perspective, our apartment is looking pretty much exactly as I want it. All I’m doing now is just going through and updating it. When we first moved in, in an attempt to make our apartment feel like a home as quickly as possible we purchased lots of Kmart items, many of which I still love – but I now want to slowly update it with more quality pieces and I’m currently looking at updating some of the soft furnishings like cushions and blankets. The only area I feel really needing attention is a lack of art work – so I’ve got my eye on a few prints and would love to do a gallery wall in our hallway.

A vacuum may seem like an unglamorous item to have on a wish list, however I’m sure anyone who has a pet (particularly one that survives on hay) will be nodding in agreement. I vacuum at least 3 times a week, and whilst I don’t mind doing it – I’d love to have a good quality vacuum that will make the process as quick and easy as possible. Having a rabbit that lives indoors means that we often have bits of stray hay in certain areas of the house – and I would love to just be able to grab a stick vacuum and hoover the area in 5 minutes, instead of 15.

The iMac is something that my boyfriend and I are considering buying together as a joint Christmas present for one another. I’d love to use it for work and blogging, and he’s an amazing guitarist so is keen to use it for recording. I already have a MacBook so I’m not sure it’s really an essential, but it would definitely make working easier and we’re both pretty keen, so we’ll see if that comes to fruition.

Whatever I get for Christmas I’ll be delighted. For me I’m just excited to experience a Christmas with my boyfriend’s lovely family, in the Australian sunshine. It’ll be fun to look back at this wish list next year to see what I managed to tick off throughout 2018!

What’s on your Christmas wish list?