The first week of July is done and I can't believe I've been in Australia for 2 months already. I really love it here, and with each month that passes I feel more and more settled. It's taken some time for me to get my head around the fact that July is Australia's winter season, however it's not anywhere near as cold as London gets so it's still manageable. I wanted to share some of the things that have really been putting a smile on my face recently.

Working Out
This is truly never something I thought I'd admit to enjoying, but I recently hired a personal trainer and I've been surprised by how much I've been enjoying the sessions so far! It had been such a long time since I had stuck to a proper exercise routine, that I realised joining a gym but not knowing what I was doing was rather futile. Whilst hiring a trainer is significantly more expensive, it does mean I'm ensuring they help me get the results in the best and most effective way. Best of all, my trainer comes to my apartment - so I don't even have to leave the house!

Plants
Thankfully, I have a boyfriend who is very green fingered which means we've been able to fill our home with gorgeous plants, and I can feel safe in the knowledge that he will single handedly keep them alive. I've always loved having greenery throughout my home - it really helps to bring a sense of calm to the space, but also helps tie everything together. Having so many living plants around me since I moved to Australia has been so nice, as it's definitely not something I've managed in the past!

Billie Jean
For those that read my previous post, you'll have seen that I introduced the latest member of our family: Billie Jean, our cage-free house rabbit. Although he's been a little bit of a scamp at times over the past few weeks, he's really just a joy to have around. He is so unbearably cute, that it's so nice to come home to him to have a cuddle. I find having him around quite therapeutic so he's definitely a good antidote to a tough day at work.

Exploring
We recently bought ourselves a car, and some bikes - which means we're lucky to have the city and it's surrounds at our fingertips. We have some visitors coming to stay over the next few weekends so I really want to have some time to ourselves this weekend to do some exploring. I'm particularly keen to go to Camberwell Market (which is known for great furniture finds) as well as Queen Victoria Market which is a treasure trove of food, clothes, accessories, candles and much more!

What's been making you smile?