G'day from Australia!

I can't quite believe that I've been here for 3 weeks already! Despite the best of intentions, this is the first time I've had the chance to sit down and write an update on how I've been getting on. 

The journey over to Australia was pretty good as it wasn't a busy flight due to the time of year. This meant we had a few extra seats to sleep on - although sadly this didn't do much to help the jetlag which was fairly relentless during our first week. We spent three days in Melbourne sorting out life admin: bank accounts, phone numbers and apartment hunting, before heading to the Gold Coast for a week.  For our initial stint in Melbourne, we stayed in an Airbnb in a suburb called Richmond which was perfect for us, and whilst it's not where we've ended up longer term, it was a great spot and a charming apartment close to the city for us to explore.



Spending time in the Gold Coast was lovely, an opportunity to meet my boyfriend's family and friends and a chance to have a break before starting work. Unfortunately the weather wasn't as I hoped for the majority of the trip, but we did get a few good days of sunshine and the company and scenery more than made up for it. I had hoped to take more photos but in the end just took the time to relax and enjoy the time off, particularly as I had awful jet lag for most of it! 












Once back in Melbourne, we had a long list of things to get organised in order to get set up and running for life in a new city. I was lucky to get a job offer before I moved over (which really helped take some pressure off) and we were also lucky enough to secure an amazing apartment in the northern suburbs (complete with walk-in wardrobe!) which has also made the transition over here less stressful. We had just two days to furnish our apartment before I had to start work and as it's the norm here for apartments to be completely unfurnished (this includes no fridge or washing machine) it meant an incredibly busy (and fairly stressful) couple of days, but thankfully we have 99% of all we need now and the apartment is looking really great, which all helps to make us feel more settled. 

As of this weekend, I plan to start exploring the city more and will be sure to take my camera with me so I can share my adventures. In the meantime, I have managed to update my Instagram regularly so if you'd like to see what I've been getting up to then go and give me a follow here