If you want your skin to look it's best, you want to make sure you take your make up off at night with something that really gets stuck in. Up until recently, I dragged a face wipe over my face and assumed that this would do the job sufficiently. It doesn't.

Hot Cloth cleansing is a quick, unbeatably effective and smugly simple way of removing every last trace of your makeup, whilst also scrubbing your skin and leaving it clean and plump.

Whilst Liz Earle’s hot cloth offering is one of the most popular products around, I decided to try a cheaper alternative first - to see if the hot cloth cleansing hype really was for me. Superdrug’s Brightening Hot Cloth Cleanser is currently on offer for half price (£2.99).

I wipe the majority of my eye makeup off with a face wipe (just to minimise mess) before applying this generously over my face and massaging it in. Once I'm covered, I place a wrung out cloth (either the muslin that came with it, or a flannel which is my preference) over my face and let it soak in for a few minutes, before wiping it all off. I then splash my face with cold water. 

The smell of this (Kiwi and Mulberry) is strong, but inoffensive and my skin is left feeling nourished and plump after use not dry or tight like so many cleansers can make your skin feel. 

I'm really enjoying this product. I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has tried both this, and the Liz Earle version - to see whether I should bother investing, or whether I should stick to this cheaper alternative. 

What are your cleansing tricks?