Finding a good foundation equates to finding a good best friend. You want it to be reliable, long lasting, and for it to blend well. As foundation rates as my highest beauty priority, I've tried many over the years and as a result have a few firm favourites that I always revisit.



I don't actually suffer with bad skin. I get hormonal breakouts that are localised around my chin, and the occasional stray spot elsewhere on the face. I have small pores, and smooth skin, though I do suffer from discolouration scarring where spots have taken a while to disappear. I like a medium coverage foundation on a day to day basis, with a fuller coverage on a night out, and my main must-have in a foundation is that I look dewy. I hate matte skin (though, one of my top foundations is notoriously matte-finish, so I'm a walking contradiction). 

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation - £8.99


This foundation is brilliant, particularly considering how cheap it is. It's my go-to for getting that fresh faced glow. It's a light foundation that provides good coverage, is easy to apply and actually smells really good. Since using this foundation I've really noticed the 'smell' of foundations, and hate when they don't smell nice. This foundation lasts a reasonable amount of time on my skin - I have to touch up at work at the end of the day but that's partly because I touch my face all-the-time at my desk and it just rubs off - this otherwise lasts the distance.


Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation - £27.50


So here's the contradiction... Estee Lauder Double Wear is actually a really matte foundation. It's the one I've used the longest out of the bunch, and even though I don't get the dewy glow I so covet, it's staying power is second to none so I can't deny it's greatness. If I combine it with the right bronzer, I can still achieve a dewy-er look, though not as much as with the other foundations. This is very good for a night out. 


Mac Pro Longwear SPF10 Foundation - £24


This is another foundation that provides great staying power. I was reminded of my love for it a few weeks ago, and it hasn't left my face since. It's my go to every day foundation, particularly during breakouts, because it's longevity is great (ALL DAY) yet it's not matte either so it still looks natural.


Revlon PhotoReady Airbrush Foundation - £12.99


I was recommended this foundation by a friend, and initially I didn't really enjoy it - I think that's because it wasn't lasting well on my skin at work. I like this as a weekend foundation because it's quite a light natural coverage, but it's still buildable, I used to use Revlon ColourStay but I found it to be very heavy and it clogged my pores, so this is a nice alternative product. I found the overall effect to be natural looking - it has slight illuminating properties, but nothing ground breaking. It's only negative is the smell, it's not great at all. 



What are your favourite foundations?